Friday, September 29, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today is my mother's birthday. She would have been 64 today. Lung cancer claimed her life 3 years ago. She always had a story for everything- somedays we almost went crazy with her stories. She lived with us for about 4 years. There was a lot of pain and anger between us. But she was the strong one that could handle anything. She was stronger emotionally than my father, always handling things. She was the strong one, and not supposed to die, dammit. Damn, I miss her.

Anyways, y'all kiss your mothers and be thankful for them. If they've already passed, raise a toast with me me to mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to your mom, holder. sweet post. my mom is tough as nails too so i definitely relate to the sentiment.

Unknown said...

My mom is getting home today after being away for five weeks, I can wait to give her (&dad!) a big ol' hug. I have MISSED them!