Sunday, December 03, 2006

Birthday Boy

I look at him, and I see this guy with curly hair, and the Cutest Ass in America
and I think, "Man, I've got to talk to him", I hear him say my name, and I'm a puddle. That's it, I'm his. I think of everything thing we've been through,
3 kids,
surgeries,
Kids sick,
and Very Sick,
dead parents,
living in the present,
doing what needs done,
warm snuggles,
outright laughs,
gross body functions that make me laugh,
the way I ask him to come back to bed in the wee hours of the morning-
but don't remember it,
the way he smiles at something funny I said,
remembering how it felt to sit on that black couch
and reads a book,
feet entwined...
can it be that time has passed?
Where did it go?
Seems like we just moved out of that little apartment with Lewis and Eddie,
Chris is just a baby,
Anna comes home and sleeps in a drawer her first night,
Ruth surprises us all...
Living with you in All Of This

Happy Birthday, My Love. I don't know what I ever did to deserve you, but I'm one lucky woman.

Ya'll take time and wish a lucky man a Happy 40th Birthday now, ya hear?
My links aren't working right now, but it's shadowscope.com for those not in the know!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwww...he IS a sweety...I'll go wish him a Happy Birthday...

Anonymous said...

Richard is a good man, and there ain't nuthin' like a good woman.

Cool Runnings!