Saturday, April 07, 2007

"Don't say Gay, Say Lame"

Quoth my friend J. to a student who said the kid looked gay. Lame sounds better, conveys a much more distinct meaning. Not so weak.

But, I drove a friend of my son's home yesterday. He had the gayest hairstyle I have ever fucking seen! Longish, but plastered to his head, looked like my daughter had chopped chucks of it off. And, he had a big horseshoe shaped ring in his nose. And, And, he probably weighed 100 pounds soaking wet.
Sheesh, I'm all for self expression, my son has had his hair many different colors, some natural, some not. For instance, he once had blue hair with red spots.
Yes, he did. But that kind of style is designed to be outlandish- "look at me and my crazy hair!" You just know, a person with a hairstyle like that- he's not trying to look good, he's trying to look different. I'm OK with that. But the hairstyles I'm seeing these days, plastered and chunking, trying to look hot, blech.
Don't even get me started on those skinny jeans with the big belts showing half their ass!
No wonder these boys can't get a girlfriend- their mommas need to have a talk with them, or better yet, a big brother...

No comments: