Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Spring Fever

This guy's post got me looking around, and now I've got Spring Fever. I love this time of year. Makes me want to play baseball, and Frisbee, and go down to a lake and sit on the porch, drive fast and listen to loud music...

I can't help but feel young this time of year. Limitless possibilities- word.

Spent the day at my beautiful friend's beautiful house, playing on her porch, watching the kids run and grow, planting flowers. She lives in the great old house with hardwood floors, this splendid pecan tree in her back yard whose branches must be at least 40 feet wide. A tire swing for the young at heart. It's neighbor is an oak, water oak, I think, that has seen years and years of woodpecker abuse, all those holes, in straight lines, going around the entire circumference of the bole.
K. is such a wonderful woman. Used to be married, but her husband didn't appreciate what he had... She deserves so much... she has such grace, I love being around her. Don't know what I did to deserve her as a friend, she's priceless to me. I've nicknamed her house Serenity, because it feels so wonderful....
I watched our girls running towards us, the breeze blowing their hair back, time sorta slowed down.... oh, their beauty takes my breath away...
On the way to her her house, the girls and I we reveling in the riot of color we saw- dogwoods and azaleas everywhere showing off their finest.

It's great to be alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... you got that right, sister... it is GREAT to be alive!... enjoy your springtime!..

Eric