Saturday, July 21, 2007

First love

There's a story over at RSM's about first loves. Thought I'd contribute mine.

Hubby, you may want to leave now.

I was 10 the first time I met Robin, even then at 13 he was so tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes. I was friends with his little sister. We were in the same circle that summer, listening to Kiss, Dr. Hook. I think he liked my sister, but then, my sister was already stopping traffic. Nothing came of it. Then school started and time flew.

Fast forward to when I was 13, and I see him again. His family lives around the corner from us. He and my brother get to be pals (for now) and I'm back to being friends with the sisters.

On an aside: the only fight I ever got in to (besides with my brother) was over that girl. Seems 5 sisters, all younger than me, started picking on her, kicking her with their roller skates while she was down on the ground. So I wade in and start bitch slapping and tossing little girls. Heh, still not sorry about that one.

So anyways, Robin and I take a shine to each other. My brother all of a sudden thinks he's a bastard (i should have listened). I was so crazy about him, you know how that feels. He was all I could think about. We spent all kinds of time together. The first time he kissed me I very clearly thought, "I need to remember this, exactly. Nothing this good is ever going to happen to me again." I even counted the number of times he kissed me. I'm a little embarrassed now remembering what a sap I was. I thought he hung the moon.

It went bad after a while, of course.
Sometimes I wonder what prison he landed in.

No comments: