Friday, January 25, 2008


Dr Doches says:

Everything, every chemical, drink, food, product, is a poison. It's just a matter of dose. Too little calcium, and your heart stops ala Schiavo, too much calcium, depending on method of exposure, can mean target organ failure. Which means "anything the calcium touches" can be destroyed. If you eat calcium containing food, that's different. Your body can absorb only so much, then you just pee it out.

A little alcohol, no effect. 6 drinks an hour for 4 hours will probably kill you, unless you're Yabu.

The average cigarette has 1 to 2 mg of nicotine, a lethal dose is between 30 and 60 mg for an adult, much less for a child. (Did you know nicotine acts on your body just like an organophosphate, a nasty but effective pesticide).

No comments: