Sunday, July 20, 2008

stick bugs

We found a little stick bug today, he/she was missing a leg. He/she had, at one point, pointed its two front most legs forward to give it more presence I suppose. not quite up to the challenge. We left Sticky on a philodendron leaf to fend for his/her self. A fly fly too near Sticky and he/she spread its antennae and first legs out a bit, a buggy version of cats puffing up when they get scared.

I don't remember being shown those sorts of things when I was a kid. My earliest bug memories are from the second grade chasing fireflies. And my aunt giving us a nickel for every dead fly we brought her. Heh.

Life in the summer- it's good.

Here's Re-Pete letting the bug climb on her.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Oyyyy, I love your little girl...so painfully cute. And good for you for teaching her not to be afraid of bugs because I'd be be having a f**king heart attack. None of that "It's ticklish" stuff for me. Nope. No freakin' way.