Friday, October 17, 2008

Did I ever tell you..

about the time I saw an orangutan masturbate?

Well I did. And they have really tiny penises (penii?), too. But don't tell them I said so. Those are some mean sumbitches.

The same day, I got to see how the zoo made mouscicles for the birds of prey. The mice are raised in a sanitary room and then euthanized with carbon dioxide. They just go to sleep, so peacefully....and never wake up. Then, their freshly euthanized bodies are put into cut down
2-liter bottles (talk about recycling!) and filled with Powerade or Gatorade. And then the whole kabosh is put in a freezer to await meal time. When frozen, the mouscicles are removed from their bottles and hidden for the birds to find and dig into in search of their mousy goodness. This way, the birds get "stimulated" and get necessary nutrients and the mice don't have to suffer being eaten alive.

A choice I think we all would make if given....

1 comment:

Erica said...

Ick, blech to all of this.