Friday, July 24, 2009

Pass the salt...

So I'm at the local Wally World picking up some generic Ensure to Re-Pete. She still is not gaining weight like she should....I think she just gets bored eating...

Anuhoo, up walks two sisters, friends of my girls and roughly the same age. We haven't seen them all summer, so right away they start planning play dates.

A bit of history- the mother is bipolar, been in the hospital a few times, has recently lost a shit-load of weight (why, yes, that is metric term, why do you ask?), in addition to losing their house and most of their life savings being bat-shit crazy. She nice, but she has a lot of trouble keeping her shit in one sock, if you know what I'm saying. And I think you do.

So there she is.
And I say, "Hey how are? Have you been going crazy being cooped up in the house all summer with the kids?"

...silence...

"Um, I just got out of the hospital. I'm on lithium now. I have a hard time concentrating right now. "

Shit. Pass the salt for my foot....

4 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

Got some Lithium I can borrow???

Holder said...

CD, the way she looked- it was like watching the words soak in and counting to 5 before she answered. Damn, I don't want to be sedated like that. And she was driving...

JT said...

Driving...and with her kids in the car? Hope the play date is planned at your house!

Holder said...

oh, yeah, Jackie, definitely at my house....from here on out, I would venture