Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rocks

I'm finally finished! Never mind that there is only 3 weeks left of my summer vacation, I am done, done, done!

I still haven't been paid for my big project I did in June, which kinda sucks. You would think that the DOE would have it together enough to pay people in a timely manner. I guess not....
I really loved teaching the kids, though and hope I get asked back.

I especially loved teaching my teachers this past week. I was the "newbie" in the group for teaching teachers, but I think I did a passable job. We wrapped up the class with a field trip. We looked at the geology of our area, outcrops and streams, dug for some garnets, studied soil horizons. We ended up at the local gold museum, panning for gold. Which was fun...

I took both girls, even though Re-Pete had been struck love by a virus, she was a trooper and did most everything with us. We met everyone at the geology building of our local college. There a shady spot with arbors, benches, and different rock samples for everyone to look at. So I'm pointing out the fossils in the rocks, talking about the different types when Pete says "There are three types of rocks. Igneous, sentimental, and metaphoric". Gotta love my girls....

No comments: