Saturday, August 29, 2009

Southernisms

My school is the largest in my county-by far. We make up 10% of the population, we are Big! We have 4 assistant principals, one lead principal and 2 police officers. But they are not enough. The teachers have to be on the look out too. We all have duties to keep up with.
My duty this year is to direct traffic in the afternoon as the kids leave. It's a one way drive way that the kids leave from, and they can only turn left.
Every great now and again someone will get pissy and fuss at me, or call me a name. It just cracks me up. But most days, do you know what the parents and students do? Even the ones that don't know me?
They wave at me.
I love it. I get such a kick out of it. It's one of my favorite Southernisms.

My all time fav Southernism is "I'll tell you what"

What's yours?

1 comment:

Mrs. Who said...

In my part of the South, I love how people pull over for a funeral procession. Even on the interstate.