Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hero

I think we all need a hero. Sir David Attenborough is mine. He's got the best job on the planet. Travels the world shooting pictures of the world. Ever see Blue Planet, Seas of Life? That's him. What about Jurassic Park? The old guy? That's not Sir David, it's his brother, Sir Richard. Guy's in his 70's out on boats in the Artic and shit. So cool. If this whole teacher thing doesn't work, I might go work for him, or become an astronaut, I can't decide.
I really am impressed with song writers, and writers in general, too. Some days I feel like a linguistic retard, my words sound like a 6 year old writes them. I write like I dance, just banging away.
I just wonder sometimes what it would be like to have the ability to string words together and have them flow like.... chocolate.... water in a bubbling stream, wind through the trees... What must it feel like to know that your words can make someone like me very still... evoking such images... make me just fall into a story. We all have our gifts, I suppose, and I'm sure glad there are people out there with such fine literary skills. Let me know when you need to be impressed with my scientific (il)literacy, we'll trade favors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

... indeed, I feel your pain.... there are so many talented wordsmiths out there...... sometimes it just seems pointless to keep blogging...

Eric

Holder said...

Ha, Eric, you're the most talented of us all!

Anonymous said...

... you are much too kind.... and hey, you aint too bad yourself...