Sunday, October 08, 2006

How cute


Here's a really crappy pix of Re-Pete and my nephew. She had gathered several items to play with- her blanket, the Etch-a-Sketch, safety goggles, etc, climbed up in his lap and proceeded to dominate his time for about an hour. Of course, I just sat back and enjoyed it. He is awesome. Loves the kids. He and his friend and my son are off on their own for awhile.
One of the funniest things to happen- My son loves to play poker and wanted to get a game going, but we didn't have any chips. Being the only one sober, he was elected to drive the two marines to the local Megamart to purchase the chips. Keep in mind that he hasn't driven since January, and hadn't had that much practice anyway. So, he's weaving a bit in the lane, when they pass one of our local finest. R. says, hey wouldn't it be funny if he pulled us over? And then.... yep, the cop gets behind them and pulls them over. The two marines are both 20, drunkish. I'm sure my son's ass was leaving crease marks on the seat he was squeezing so tight. The man walks up nice and easy and says, "Hey, is anyone 21 in this car?" No Sir. "Well, good, cause I thought you were drunk" This was said to the only sober boy in the car. Well, they got let off with a warning, changed drivers, and proceeded to the store. My nephew and his pal decide to ride bikes inside the store and get screamed at by a stock-girl. But they made it home and played their poker.
Life is good.
More pictures to follow as soon as I can get my camera and computer to talk to each other....

No comments: