Saturday, December 16, 2006

a pet guppy

I dated a lot in high school. Well, not exactly in high school. I thought the guys in school were punks and immature. In the immortal words of Anthony Keidis, I took a short cut to being fully grown. Then there was that whole quitting at 14 thing.
I said then that I would never date a Fred, the name belonging more to someone's pet guppy than a guy. That was my rule, my standard. I dated a Frank, a Robin, a Buddy, several others who names escape me.
Fred had a sweet ride, a Chevelle, kelly green and jacked up in the back. That sucker growled at you. Such a great car, thought I. I'll break my own rule. He was a good friend's boyfriends friend and we wanted to double date. Got drunk on Boone's Farm Tickle Pink for the first time. His brother was in prison for something, he had dropped out, working construction, decent money. But he was a bastard. Not very nice to me. Had the personality of a bag of beans.

I should have bought a guppy.

No comments: