Saturday, August 25, 2007

I live in Hell

I live in a small town but the small towns to each side of me are slightly larger and each host a Mega Mart. To the East of me is the town I also work in. So when I went shopping at the town West of me this fine Saturday afternoon. What I didn't know, of course, was Saturday is Meeting Day for Families at the local store. There were dozens of families clustering in the middle of the isles, just standing around, running their little mouths about what little Timmy Jr did at school, how Aunt Mary's goiter is growing, does this Mu mu make my ass look big. Right.in.the.middle.of.the.aisle. At one point, after about the 5th time of waiting patiently, I finally said, "Oh for Fuck's sake, could you move?" I got a dirty look, but move they did.

I'm in Hell, I tell you. Paying for all my sins when I was young and carefree.

No comments: