Monday, June 30, 2008

back home

The trip home started well enough, 2 large Shiner Bock Drafts, a phone call with The Marine and I was off.
Here's a bit of TMI- when my son travels, he has a hard time pooping in a strange place. So he fills up and gets pretty uncomfortable. He gets it from me. By Saturday afternoon I was having pep talks with my colon: "You can do it- o-pen, o-pen, o-pen." But to no avail. But I got to the airport and I took a very satisfying poo. (I told you this was TMI). This turned out to be a very good thing.
I got to sit in the very back of the plane. Yay me. Then the captain sez we might get delayed because of storms in Atlanta. and we were, but only by an hour. The ride got very bumpy about 25 minutes before landing. One lady exclaims, "God I wish I was drunk". I was really glad she wasn't - she was right in front of me and I didn't want her blowing chunks on me. So I told her so- I'm not sure why she didn't think it was funny. At one point it got so bumpy, I actually lost control and farted. I was really happy I'd been so successful earlier.
We landed, but there was so much lightning that the captain said we might have to sit on the tarmac and not connect to the gate. You can imagine how happy that made me. But they let us off.
After going the wrong way three times, I made it to the shuttle to get to my car and got home. I only called one woman a bitch. I rode home to some great scenery, a few pictures are below.
I'm sure I'll have more to say about Blown Eyeland, how Chou has really set the bar high for blogmeets, and all the great people I got to meet, so I'll be back. The last picture, BTW, is from the plane (in case you couldn't tell)








5 comments:

Jerry in Texas said...

It was so good to finally meet you. I slept like a baby at the blogmeet (except I didn't poo my diaper). I had a ball.

Walrilla said...

Holder, it was great to finally meet you. Next time, bring Shadowscope. It'd be great to meet the other half of a person I greatly liked.

none said...

Terrific meeting you. Hope to see you at a future blog meet.

Erica said...

Gotte Daaaaaayum, and you made me feel like my announcing I needed to pluck a hair from my chin was TMI.

Girl, you are a wag, and for a second there, too, I thought I might have been on the same flight as you, since I recall telling the guy sitting next to me, after we rapidly plummeted what felt like 100 feet, that next time I fly again - IF I ever fly again - I need to make sure I am properly intoxicated.

I literally thought we were all gonna die. But at least I would have died happy.

SuperGurl said...

still wearing my mickey earrings!! thanks so much..

and especially for making the trip..it was great to hang out with you. too bad it was over so fast.