Friday, February 20, 2009

Oseh Shalom

Pete had her Honor Chorus Concert tonight, and of course, she sang beautifully. I video-d this one, 'cuz I wanted to share with you.
Behold! My shining star singing with the angels (she's the one to the left of the redhead).

video

Oseh shalom bimromav

LIKE GOD MAKE PEACE FAR-AWAY HEAVEN,


Hu ya'aseh shalom aleinu

PRAY HE MAKE PEACE FOR US HERE


V'al kol Yisrael

AND FOR ALL JEWISH PEOPLE


V'imru, v'imru amen.

COME-ON SAY, COME-ON SAY AMEN.


Ya'aseh shalom, ya'aseh shalom

PRAY HE MAKE PEACE, PRAY HE MAKE PEACE.


Shalom aleinu v'al kol Yisrael.

PEACE FOR US HERE AND ALL JEWISH PEOPLE.

2 comments:

Erica said...

One of my favorite songs, ever, though I am not as familiar with that particular melody. I have to sing for you the one I am more familiar with...I should have done it while I had you on the phone earlier.

One of my favorite stories: I was amazed, when I came across the sheet music in a Sam Ash, and I started singing it to a friend of mine, a black woman who had come in the sheet music room a few minutes earlier heard me and -- sans sheet music -- joined me. It was an incredibly moving, uplifting, and spiritual moment.

This was really lovely...thanks for sharing. :-)

Holder said...

Erica:
I can't wait to hear you sing that for me. Can you record it and post it?