Sunday, May 24, 2009

No room for the Summer-Time Blues

ok, it's the end of the the year, as I know it (and I feel fine).

Some years I dread the summer, nothing to do but spend money.... and no planned way of making extra money. But not this year. I'm teaching for two weeks for the DOE, remediating kids for their graduation test. I have heard this is the first year this has been done, so we'll see how it goes.I want to go a great job, get all my kids ready to pass the test and impress the DOE with my skillz. I want them to remember my name for future tasks or jobs...
And, the best part? I get to help teach a class to teachers this year!!!! It's been a dream of mine to teach teachers. Ideally, I would like to go into elementary schools and teach the standards (the information we are passing on to the kids) to the teachers, complete with Power Points, labs, worksheets, and evaluations. I had asked one of the college teachers for the last several summers to keep me in mind if she needed a lab assistant, thinking this would be a good way to get my foot in the door. So she contacted me and asked if I would like to help. Oh, heck yeah!!!

Now I have 6 out of 8 weeks planned this summer, including my almost-week in Texas this year! This is definitely going to be a great summer.

No comments: