Sunday, May 24, 2009

Waffle House Hashbrowns

So today's Waffle House Experience was Less Than Satisfying.

Every now and again, I get a Jones for some scattered hashbrowns. Typically, I get the Hubba to bring home a box of the dehydrated ones and cook them myownself, since I like 'em the way I cook them.
But I wanted some NOW and decided to go in and get me some...You would think that since I have such a long history with the place I would have lost my desire to eat anything from there....
I swear, some Jackass with psychic powers knew I was coming there and wanted to play a nasty prank on me... and my nerves were already worn thin....

Have you heard the Waffle House songs? The very first one was actually sung by Joe Rogers Jrs Wife, he being the son of one of the guys who started the place, Joe Senior. Joe Jr's wife, whose name escapes me at the moment, was rumored to be a Vegas showgirl when they met. I like the idea of that... She sang the first song along with Real Waflle House Employees. I was not invited, but I know a few of the people on the record. I used to know all the words....

Good Morning (Good morning!)
Come on in (Believe I will)
Coffee's good, fresh and hot, How 'bout a cup? (I'll have a cup)
I said Good Morning (Good Morning) The Waffle House Waaaay,
We've got eggs any way you 'em, 24 hours a day!

Ok, that's enough of that....


The aforementioned Jackass decided to play each and every sons-a-bitching one of the newer versions... There are hip-hop, country, and rock versions....

And each one is worst than the last...

Combine those hideous songs with loud-ass people, waitresses who are intent on making as much noise as possible while putting away dishes and a cook who is beating out a a high-pitched staccato on the grill with his metal spatula along side two small girls who absolutely insist on pushing each others buttons (along with mine) and top it off with shitty coffee and you get the 17.2 minutes I spent in that place.

At least the hashbrowns were good.

No comments: