Thursday, June 11, 2009

Funny little things keep happening in my life, Re-Pete with give us a one and only Queen of Obvious Quote, or she'll fall asleep in what looks like an impossible sleeping position. (On that note, let me note that she has stopped insisting that she doesn't sleep at night. I don't know whether to be happy about that or not. It's good because she is growing up, but it's bad for the exact same reason) Or one of my students will say something really goofy, or else I will: odds are even on both of those happening
.
And every time those things happen, I think, "oooh, I should blog that" and then it dissappears into the deep recesses of my brain.

I can tell you, since the hole is fresh in my mouth, that I finally had that tooth pulled. The dentist informed my that the tooth really wasn't worth saving.

Anyways, the extraction was very strange. The dentist came in and asked me if I wanted to be awake or asleep for the process.
Holy shit! my butt clenched all the way through the seat, I think.
I got scared. How bad was it going to be that one of my options was to be asleep for it? Once he told me it wouldn't hurt I was good with being awake. First he shoved one way, then he shoved another way, then he tugged and CRACK! I thought he had broken the tooth. But that was just the sound of it coming out... Turned out to be not so bad at all. Until the anethesia wore off. I'm very thankful for Vicodin....

I hope I never have another tooth pulled...

2 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

Oh, so sorry about your poor toof!

I have one that needs attending, too. Just the filling holding it together at this point. Eeek!

the J.R. still has lots of good drugs from his zipper-neck operation but he's selfishly using them all for himself. Hmmmpfff!

:o)

Holder said...

Joan, Sorry to hear about your pain, but JR sleeps sometimes, non?