Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Somedays it just takes beer...

to make it through the day without going on a mad killing spree. Beer or music. Today I have music. Yeah, I know teachers are supposed to be all nice and sweet, loving, always giving encouragement. In the words of John Travolta in Michael- "I'm not that kind of Teacher". It's high school, folks. We expect to to come to class, do your work, and take responsibility for your actions. If you cut class and get caught because you're a ding-dong, don't go lying and whining to your parents and expect to get out of trouble. Also, if you take someone's work and erase their name and put yours on it, you should
1. make sure you don't sit in the front of the class,
2. wait until the assignment has been passed out,
3. change the rest of the effing handwriting as well.
And, btw, I will not forget about calling you parents just because you said you were sorry and would try to do better

So then, I get home and there is a check for .45. Yes, 45 cents. From a dividend from some stock that my father had. The father that died almost 10 years ago. The check says His Name, deceased. Fuck a duck, holy sheep shit, son of a bitch! This pisses me off. So, I call the 800 number, ole Lawrence says, "How are you today?" "Well, I was fine until I got a 45 cent check for my father that's been dead for close to 10 years." Silence. "Oh, I'm sorry."( Well, to be honest, what kind of response could he have politely made? "And that's my fault because ....?")
I called these people about two years ago and told them he was dead, cancel the stock, do whatever. F'ing retards.

Any way, I'm jamming to some music, maybe I need a walk.

Thanks for listening, just needed to rant.

On a funny note- Re-Pete was singing "Stop, in the mid-dle, be-fore you steal my heart" earlier. Such a card. Pete still has a fever, but not as high. The Boy is in the running for STAR student. All he has to do is make the highest SAT score. He made an 1860 last time. Someone else made a 1920, so he has his work cut out for him. Of course, I told him I should be his STAR teacher since I'd been teaching him all his life. Yeah, that'll happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uhhh, if they are sending a dividend then you still own stock. get it.

and your kids sound amazing. little geniuses, look just like their mommy & daddy too, lucky runts.