Saturday, February 24, 2007

a dog on a bike

One of my students, whose intelligence does not match his achievement, told me this joke in class yesterday. The ensuing conversation REALLY took place


Two men are talking. One says, " I don't know what I'm going to do about my dog."

"What do you mean?" said the second man.

"He chases anyone on a bicycle."

"What are you going to do? Chain him up? Give him away?"

"No, I think I'll just take away his bike."


Some giggled, some groaned,

"Wait....dogs don't ride bikes...."
"I don't get it"
"That's not fair- he can't just take peoples bikes"
"Wait...what?"
"But dogs can't...."
"What?"

By now, I've just had to put my head down. I'm telling you, these 4 girls talked about this for 5 minutes! People had to explain. the. joke. slowly.

I feel really bad for laughing until I cried. I'm sure I embarrassed them.

Well, not really, but I will if one of the parents calls and complains...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's sad. Really sad.

KurtP said...

How old are these kids? I'm sure you mentioned it, but I must have missed it.

If the parents call you about that, they're the ones that need somekind of wake-up call themselves.

Holder said...

They are 9th graders- 14 and 15.