Friday, May 18, 2007

Grrrrr!

Don't you just hate it when someone takes a small mistake that you made, but didn't realize you made, and makes it seem like an effing Capital Crime against Humanity? And then insists that a letter documenting said discretion be put in your permanent file? And then says they don't want to talk about it? And then does the same thing to a few other people in your job?

But then, the instigator wants to now what the fuss is about, that it never was a big deal, and we shouldn't worry about it.

A letter in your file is almost a kiss of death should I ever want to move to a different school. Even the threat of one really bothers me.

I try really hard to do my job to the best of my ability. No one is harder on me about my mistakes than I am. I make mistakes, and will correct them if I can. But I would have at least liked to have been given a chance to discuss this or correct my mistake before that person flew off the handle.

For the 1st time in a long time I thought, "Maybe I could have a different career."

Grrr!

No comments: