Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Will you always love me?

So I'm tucking Re-Pete in last night, we read The Berenstain Bears B Book, complete with beautiful baboons and bubbles and banana boxes. After our book we snuggle and talk.
"Mommy, am I your baby?" (We have this conversation on a regular basis)

"Yes, you will always be my baby. And I will always love you."

"Will you always love {the Marine} and {Pete}?"

"I will always love all of you. Even if you drew on the walls, I would still love you."

"What if I made you mad?"

"I would still love you."

"
What about Daddy? When you're mad at him?"

And a teaching moment appeared!

I explained how even when people get mad at each other, we still love each other. How we work through our anger. It was wonderful. She has this habit of holding her up and wiggling her fingers slightly when she's processing something. It's so endearing. There we lay, her head near my shoulder, her favorite blanket around her, those fingers twitching. Finally she gave a sigh of contentment, and snuggled into her blanket.

Ahhh, the sweet moments of motherhood.

On a related note, have you ever read I love you, Stinkyface?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww. It's moments like that that makes being a mother so worth it.