Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Special Priviledges

Want to hear a good story?

There is a "teacher" at my school who has been in the classroom for over 25 years now. I won't say "teaching" because that's not what is going on in there....
Said teacher regulary kicks students out of her class room, for a wide variety of transgressions. One kid got kicked out for laughing, another for eating an apple. We have such terrible students at my school!!
She doesn't send them to the office, just out. Which, by the way, is WAAAAYYYY against the rules.
She is in an educational cottage this year- or trailer, as we rednecks say- and she doesn't really care what the weather is like. One day, last fall, she told a girl to "Get out". Girls says, "I'm not leaving, it's raining." Teacher says, "Yes, you are." Teacher grabs her by the shoulders, and pushes her out the door.
And the most amazing thing about this?
That teacher still has a job and her teaching certificate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

.. you know?..... the more blogs that I read as of late, the more I realize that there truly is no justice in this world........

.... and it is taking the wind right out of my sails......

Eric

JT said...

"educational cottage"? We call them portables, though they are hard to move. Is there a teacher's union? Not that it is a preferable alternative, but in some districts around here, a teacher can just look at a kid wrong and mommy and daddy can get that teacher fired. Those would be the mommies and daddies writing big checks to school organizations.

Holder said...

The story goes that said teacher is favored by one of the influential board members. The two of them are both the same race, and (so the rumor goes) the school system is afraid of a lawsuit. Bunch of p%&&^(_+!!
No union here, but if she wasn't so favored by some she would be gone. Sure does piss me off.... Remind me to tell you about the time I had to beg her for makeup work for a girl who's mother was dying of cancer....